Basement Entranceways for New or Existing Homes
The PermEntry® Basement Entrance adds sales appeal and value by giving homeowners access directly from the basement to the outdoors. When you plan for a PermEntry® Basement Entrance, you open up your basement to a number of opportunities, including:
- External basement exit in case of an emergency.
- Access to mechanical equipment during construction, reducing traffic and damage to the main level of the home.
- Ability to move large furniture, bulky appliances and patio furniture easily through the basement.
- A basement as convenient and easy to use as other rooms in the home
Video at right, shows the installation in progress of a residential concrete PermEntry precast basement entrance system solution. Watch as the precast basement step section is put in to place.
- Provide truck access to within 20′ of the center of thePermEntry® unit.
- Foundation footing and opening should be LEVEL, PLUMB, and SQUARE.
- Width of opening in foundation wall should be 40″ maximum for all sizes.
- Ensure proper soil drainage at base of unit.
- When foundation is back filled, leave minimum work area forPermEntry® installation as shown.
- Hold foundation tar coating back minimum 12″ each side of opening.
- Determine the measurement from the finished grade to the foundation footing.
- Refer to table below to select proper size. Top of casting should be a minimum of 2″ above finished grade.
Post-Installation Requirements: Click Post-installation diagram to enlarge
- Properly back fill and compact excavation with clean, suitable filland/or stone. NEVER USE CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS and NEVER backfill higher than 2″ below top of concrete casting.
- Final grade should be adjusted to leave 2″-6″ of casting above finished grade, immediately slope grade away from the PermEntry® unit in all directions.
- Avoid locating down spouts or sump discharge near the PermEntry® unit.
- An insulated door at bottom of stairs is recommended to reduce heat loss.
A PermEntry® Unit for Every Home…
Footing to Grade
|35″ – 41″||S||43″||45″||51-1/2″||52″|
|52″ – 58″||O||60″||60″||51-1/2″||30″|
|59″ – 66″||B||68″||66″||55-1/2″||22″|
|67″ – 74″||C||76″||74″||55-1/2″||19 1/2″|
|75″ – 82″||D||84″||86″||55-1/2″||22″|
|83″ – 91″||E||92 3/4″||95 3/8″||55 1/2″||22″|
|92″ – 99″||F||101″||104″||55 1/2″||22″|